The Hong Kong Urology Clinic provides diagnostic tests and treatment for women with the following conditions:
- Urinary incontinence (involuntary leakage of urine)
- Overactive bladder (passing urine too frequently and unable to control the urge to pass urine)
- Voiding difficulty
- Recurrent urinary tract infection
- Pelvic organ prolapse (mass protruding out from the vagina)
- Other urinary problems: bed wetting, blood in urine
At the Hong Kong Urology Clinic, the following tests may be required after your consultation with the urologists.
- Urinalysis: to look for presence of protein, sugar, blood and white blood cells in the urine.
- Urine for culture and sensitivity: to look for organism that causes infection of the urinary tract.
- Pad test: to confirm any leakage and to quantify the amount of urine loss.
- Flow rate study: patient is asked to pass urine on a container and the speed of the urine flow will be measured.
- Ultrasound scan of the kidneys and bladder: to assess any abnormality in the kidneys and bladder and also to measure the residual urine in the bladder after micturition.
- Urodynamic Study: to assess the storage capacity of the bladder and also to delineate the cause of incontinence. During the study, two fine tubes are inserted into the bladder-one for filling the bladder and one for recording the bladder pressure. A third tube is inserted into the rectum to record the abdominal pressure.
|Learn more about female urological problems|