Dr Ma obtained his Medical degree in the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2003. In 2011, he was elected as Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Fellow of the College of Surgeons of Hong Kong, and Fellow of the Hong Kong Academy of Medicine.
From 2007 to 2013, Dr Ma served at Princess Margaret Hospital and has received training in treating various common urological diseases for both adults and children. He has been trained as robotic-assisted surgery Console Surgeon since 2010. In 2013, he had overseas training in reconstructive urological surgery at University College London Hospitals (UCLH) and in paediatric urology at Sickkids Hospital, Toronto and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London.
From 2013 to 2019, he worked as Associate Consultant and then Consultant in Queen Mary Hospital, where MRI-ultrasound fusion prostate biopsy was first introduced in Hong Kong in 2015. He was appointed as Honorary Clinical Assistant Professor of the University of Hong Kong in 2011-2018 and then Honorary Clinical Associate Professor since 2018. In 2019, he worked as Urology team head in Princess Margaret Hospital and provided services in renal transplantation and robotic urological surgeries such as partial nephrectomy, radical prostatectomy, ureteric reconstructive surgery and radical cystectomy.
Dr Ma has multiple academic appointments including elected Council member of Urological Association of Asia (UAA). He has been the National Society Deputy Delegate of Société Internaionale d’Urologie (SIU) and editorial board member of International Journal of Urology (IJU). He has >100 peer-reviewed publications including book chapters, review articles, original studies and abstracts in both international and regional urological journals.
His areas of special interest include benign prostatic hyperplasia treatment, prostate cancer management, minimally invasive and robotic surgery for urological cancers, reconstructive surgery and pediatric urology.
Scope of services:
- uroflowmetry and urodynamic study
- stone treatment (ESWL, URS laser lithotripsy, etc)
- circumcision for adult and children
- no-scalpel vasectomy
- microsurgical varicocelectomy
- men’s health check
- transperineal MRI – ultrasound fusion prostate biopsy
- BPH treatment (TURP, Thulium laser prostatectomy, water vapor thermal therapy, implantatable transprostatic tissue retractor system, prostatic stent, etc)
- laproscopic and robotic-assisted surgeries for kidney, ureter, bladder and prostate cancer
- ureter / urethral reconstruction surgery
- rectal spacer injection for prostate cancer patients prior to radiation therapy
- peritoneal dialysis catheter insertion / arteriovenous fistula creation
- incontinence treatment